Today, I updated the website by adding a section on churches in the area. The first church added was St. Mary’s Anglican Church located at 164 Shiers Road, Harrigan Cove, Halifax County, NS, just off the Number 7 Highway. It was consecrated on September 25, 1909.
In 2007, I visited the cemetery and took photographs of several headstones. Over the course of the next few weeks, I’ll add these images with inscriptions. I’ll post notice of the updates to this blog.
Added January 30, 2017
- 2 images of the church yard and its sign
- 4 headstone images, including one steel cross
- 4 inscriptions
The names on the headstones were…
- MacDonald, Anglene (1868 – 1950)
- MacDonald, Beatrice M. (1912 – 1980)
- MacDonald, Flora M. (1953 – 1953)
- MacDonald, George N. (1857 – 1923)
- MacDonald, Mary (steel cross)
- MacDonald, Murdock Fisher (1907 – 1970)
- MacDonald, Perry W. (1955 – 1955)
Where I am able to, and when I find time, I will link individuals to their obituaries, and eventually to a master list.